There is online help available for UCR Extension students who are using Blackboard, but not all of them may be aware of it. An easy way to make sure students can find the help is to add a button to the course menu which is a link to the Getting Started with Blackboard page. I've put together step by step instructions which go through how to add the button [PDF].
I have been watching some of the videos in the Learning to Teach Online series from the University of New South Wales . The series covers various topics related to online teaching and they are divided into episodes which include a short video plus a PDF. I had some trouble getting the PDFs to download, but the videos played fine for me. I think the Managing your Time video is a good one for new online instructors: Overall, this looks like a good resource.
Comments