If you want to manage the backup and reloading of your Blackboard course yourself, you should use the Export Course or Archive Course options, along with Import Course when you are ready to reload. Export gives you a choice of which course areas you want to save while Archive makes a copy of everything, including student records. Student records are not available with Export. Here's a short step by step set of instructions on how to use Export Course and Archive Course [PDF].
I have been watching some of the videos in the Learning to Teach Online series from the University of New South Wales . The series covers various topics related to online teaching and they are divided into episodes which include a short video plus a PDF. I had some trouble getting the PDFs to download, but the videos played fine for me. I think the Managing your Time video is a good one for new online instructors: Overall, this looks like a good resource.
Comments